[Xastir-dev] Topic: Supported Platforms, Xastir-NG

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jun 19 14:10:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:00:25PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:54:00AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:

> > > What I've read so far on it looks good.
> > >
> > > It looks like it is generally done from within the Eclipse with the
> > > Eclipse Process Framework.  I think my Eclipse installations are
> > > complaining about EPF right now when I try to update any plug-ins,
> > > so will have to work that out.
> >
> > Hmm.  Well, as a process it shouldn't be entirely dependent on the tool.  If
> > it *is* dependent on Eclipse, I think we should look for a different variant
> > on the Unified Process that can be done with any old tool.
>
> I had not studied the OUP at all before suggesting we check it out.  Now
> that I am checking it out, it'll need modification to suit our needs right
> off the bat --- it's designed for "small co-located teams" and one of its
> assumptions is that daily, face-to-face interaction is possible.  That doesn't
> describe our little crew at all.
>
> We will need to adapt (or create) some process to our more difficult
> circumstances.

Let's look at the Agile Unified Process instead.

http://www.ambysoft.com/unifiedprocess/agileUP.html

This one might be better suited.  It is certainly lighter weight.  I don't
see us getting into agile style very well given our make-up, but perhaps we
can use something from this more easily than we can on OUP and the Eclipse
Process Framework.

I want us to have a process, but I don't want us to get bogged down in it
from the outset so that we doom the project.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson