[Xastir-dev] xastir v2 as a student project?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:04:19 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> I wouldn't call it "Xastir2" though, because if you're just grabbing big
> chunks of existing code and wrapping a new GUI around it, it's more "Qastir"
> than a new redesign.  The guts of Xastir need some serious refactor, which
> is what I had hoped the Xastir 2 development would have been

Right.  My point with the "v2" was that, rather than just a student
project fork that ends up being a dead end, some input from the
developers and community (OK, lots of input, including design
requirements) _could_ make such a project v2.0.0a.  It may not be
something the developers would want to release as v2, but it could be
a good start.

Existing code wouldn't necessarily be directly ported to Qt, but serve
as an example implementation for a bunch of developers who are not
familiar with APRS.

-Jason
kg4wsv