[Xastir-dev] Xastir Igate question

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:50:56 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to track down something.

We've changed all our Digipeaters to a 7 second dupe timer.  To test
this, I was sending some messages the other night from an internet
connected host, but they didn't appear on RF like I was expecting
(after 8 seconds), then I had a thought,  I wonder if the Xastir i-
gate in wexford was taking priority as it could have heard the
station 'last' on RF (I need to re-read how the APRS-IS works to be
sure).

Anyway that would mean that my packet would have hit Xastir in
wexford, EI2JP's station, after 8 seconds and potentially got caught
in Ron's dupe timer.

I had a quick look in the code in igate.c and I came across

  // Figure out what's "old"
     time_cutoff = sec_now() - (time_t)29;   // 29 seconds ago

Lines 157 & 158

I see some other references in messages.c line 997, but that seems to
be for originating message acks.

Anyway, I'm just looking for some guidance before I go breaking
things, am I in the right place?

Regards
de John
EI7IG