[Xastir-dev] Wiki problems

KA7O ka7o at ka7o.net
Wed Aug 11 20:35:00 EDT 2010

One thing that could help might be the return of the "Recent Changes"
link in the navigation box on the left. The function is still there,
just the link has been removed. Click the following to see what I'm
talking about:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

[note: The RecentChanges link can also be accessed from the 'Special
Pages' link in the Tool Box]

For the two Wikis I host and so far [::knock on wood::] have kept clean,
that is one of *the most* useful tools I use.

Checking things every couple of days or so, it's trivial to click that
one link and get a list of all edits made in the past few days. From
there, it's very easy to see what is legitimate and what's not.

I also have ReCAPTCHA enabled for ANY edit by anyone that includes an
off site URL. And requiring verified email addresses for anyone to be
granted edit privileges has all but eliminated SPAM from the club and
Wyoming Section wikis.

Now, neither of my sites have near the draw or traffic - but for now,
it's working here.

73