[Xastir-dev] Wiki problems

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Aug 12 14:55:12 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:31:40AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> The good news is:  I forwarded Tom's message and Chuck has already
> fixed the captcha.  We need to verify that and then clean up
> whatever cruft is left from before.

This is good news.  I see that the CAPTCHA is on the login creation page.
I haven't tested it by making a second login ID, but it does put a scrambled
text image up and request that the user type it in.  Let's hope that keeps
down the junk.  It's gotta help.

As far as I can tell, we've got most of the garbage removed already.  Others
have been good at reverting inappropriate edits, and the stuff I cleared out
yesterday seems to have been the only cruft to have crept in in the last 30
days that hadn't been addressed already.

Chuck has also deleted a number of spammer users, so they shouldn't be back.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."