[Xastir-dev] Server to server gating?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Feb 1 13:13:59 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 12:10:46PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kg4wsv at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Nailing down requirements for our software engineering teams...
>
> Looking at gating in general, does the current config options of rf to
> inet and inet to rf really cover everything?  What about gating from
> server to server?

I believe server-to-server gating is not supposed to be done, as it can
cause loops that are a Bad Thing.  Also, it would be a Very Bad Thing if
folks were to gate between servers of different types (firenet and aprs-is,
for example).

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation