[Xastir-dev] Weather Validation Patch

Clay Jackson clayj at nwlink.com
Sun Feb 28 21:52:18 EST 2010

All this change does is look at the interface - there is already code there that deals with missing data (per the APRS spec, the data's either not reported, or reported as '...').

As I mentioned, the next rev I do will look at the age of the data (either as reported, if the station reports a time, or as recorded by Xastir) and then give the user the option of declaring it "invalid" after a certain period of time.

I'm also going to add Dew Point, Heat Index, Wind Chill and (maybe) Barometric trend calcs for stations that do not report that data.

If one wanted to REALLY crazy, there's quality data available from NOAA for those folks who participate in the CItizen's Weather Observer Program (http://www.wxqa.com/).  It's conceivable that a link could be set up that would give near-real-time QUALITY feedback to Xastir - but that's another project.

There was also some talk a while back about proposing redefinitions to the APRS (Weather) spec.  I have NO idea where that went.

Clay
N7QNM

========