[Xastir-dev] IPv6 Patch

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 07:45:31 EDT 2010

Hi,

I took some time last night  (thanks to Curt and Jason for being
available for questions) to work through the code again.  I really only
had to dig a bit more into interface.c and figure out how to deal with
looping around multiple addresses and getting the logic correct.

I noticed someone else had started adding some code to deal with Ipv6
addresses already being available.  I hope I didn't upset their plan.

It now deals correctly with IPv4 or IPv6 hostnames.
I'm testing against
ireland.aprs2.net (both v6 and v4)
ireland.ipv6.aprs2.net (just v6)
193.1.193.156 (just v4)

The patch is at (and attached)
http://ireland.aprs2.net/xastir/20100717xastir-ipv6.patch

It was generate against this mornings CVS.

Large caveat. I'm not a programmer by day.

Regards
de John
EI7IG