[Xastir-dev] extern void update_image()

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:19:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:

> new_image() is declared external at the top of main.c:
>
> main.c:989 extern void new_image(Widget da);
>
> but new_image() is defined in main.c and as far as I can tell, used
> only in main.

That appears to be a left-over from my aborted attempt to draw the
maps in another thread.  Hint:  Don't every try to do that, do the
GUI stuff in the main thread, the background processing of
everything else in others.

> Shouldn't the declaration be:
>
> void new_image(Widget da);
>
> or possibly:
>
> static void new_image(Widget da);

Yep.

We have a lot of such things caused by years of code development by
many many hands.  Working code is good code in this case.  If you
can clean up some of the mess as you go along, so much the better,
but we've been concentrating on bug-fixes and adding more features
more than pretty or concise code, or cleaning up after ourselves.