[Xastir-dev] [Xastir] Open Street Map support (read this)

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 20:13:49 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Jerry Dunmire <jerry at dunmire.org> wrote:
> I started to look at scaling the bit maps, but that will require still
> another learning curve and would still need to learn the flow of the
> program.

I think you're thinking/working too hard.

When you request a map, find the current xastir zoom level, get the
next OSM level up (or maybe nearest match?) at a size equal to or
larger than the xastir window (this is the key!), and then stay out of
xastir's way while it does it's thing drawing the display.

--
-Jason
kg4wsv