[Xastir-dev] Proposal for eliminating the .osm files;

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:23:39 EDT 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:

> I agree with the user notification. I was thinking (hoping) that the
> the menu entries could be changed dynamically, but I can see where
> that might not be enough. Adding a pop-up when the maps are selected
> would run into the same issues that drove me to create the new
> extension, but maybe there is another way/time to inform the user of
> the change. What about something on the status bar?

I don't think that would be visible enough.

Just throwing out another idea:  What about drawing warning text on
the map?  It could even be something that has a timeout and
disappears after 5 or 10 seconds.  Would pop up each time one of the
non-standard zoom levels was attempted perhaps, via zoom-box or
other.

Another possibility would be to add warning text in the Map Chooser
next to those selections.  Just append text to every OSM file when
writing the lines into the Map Chooser.  Might have to chop those
off again when checking what was selected... Have to look at the
code to see.