[Xastir-dev] Proposal for eliminating the .osm files;

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 18:03:43 EDT 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Paul J. Morris wrote:

> The Map Chooser feels like a very plausible (and general) place to warn
> the user about non-standard map behavior associated with the inclusion
> of particular layers.

The more I think about it the more I agree.  We don't currently have
any way to warn the users about odd projections or changes in
operation based on map selections now.  If a general method could be
implemented it could help with other things that come up in the
future.  Even copyright notices for datasets that require it.

Tigermap had an odd projection and it would have been nice to warn
the users about that.  A moot point now.