[Xastir-dev] [RFC] CalTopo tiles

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Sat Dec 15 23:17:57 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to work on adding CalTopo tiles to Xastir. They work as-is
> with the OSM code, but they are attributed to OSM :-) I'm planning to
> rewrite some of the OSM code so that we can specify an attribution in
> the .geo file, and also ensure that Xastir is sending an appropriate
> user-agent and that Matt has that user-agent on file.

Does anyone have an opinion about how I implement this? I think the
most appropriate way will be:

1. rename map_OSM* to map_tile*
2. remove all references to "OSM" in the code
3. add attribution feature to .geo tile definition files
4. remove OSM attribution code; replace with attribution from .geo file
5. create CalTopo .geo file definition files

My reasoning here is that raster tiles are not unique to OSM, so
Xastir's raster tile implementation doesn't need to reference OSM
anywhere but in a .geo tile definition file.

Tom KD7LXL