[Xastir-dev] Failures on FreeBSD builds

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Tue Jun 12 08:27:22 EDT 2012

Evening All,
I have a couple of problems that I'm working through with the FreeBSD builds of Xastir.

Firstly I'm getting a compile error;

> map_geo.c:2127: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> map_geo.c:2128: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> map_geo.c:2129: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> map_geo.c:2475: error: array subscript is not an integer
> map_geo.c:2479: error: array subscript is not an integer
> map_geo.c:2494: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> map_geo.c:2495: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> map_geo.c:2496: error: invalid operands to binary <<

I think these are related to the QuantumDepth as the ImageMagick maintainer has switched on including HDRI by default which according to Curt's note in the change log screws it up.  I rebuilt ImageMagick without HDRI support and it compiles fine.

Unfortunately this is killing the current port which defaults to ImageMagick.  I can (and will) switch the default build to GraphicsMagick but I suspect HDRI support will find its way into linux distros and cause others pain.

The full error log is available at;
http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-errorlogs/a.7.20120610124852/xastir-2.0.0_8.log

The second problem seems to also be from ImageMagick.  In this case the upgrade to 6.7.7.(6|7?) has caused the following error message to appear (from map_OSM.c in my case as I'm using OSM maps).

TBD: I don't think we can deal with colorspace != RGB

and, of course, no maps appear.

I'll keep looking into this during the week as I get time.

Xastir is working fine with the latest GraphicsMagick in ports (1.1.15) BTW.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)