[Xastir-dev] Failures on FreeBSD builds

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:51:50 EDT 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, Tom Russo wrote:

> I have personally given up on IM because of how often its
> random API changes have broken Xastir.

Same here.  I only use IM in cases where the standard GM packages don't work for me, which isn't very often.  I've soured on IM over the years because they keep making changes that affect the API at will.  One time they did this as well as forgetting to change the version number reported, so we couldn't work around the API change in the code either.  GM is _much_ more stable WRT the API.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
U.S. Weather Alerts:  Firenet.us, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"