[Xastir-dev] Sourceforge changed the upload process slightly.

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:53:05 EDT 2012

It's been a while since I uploaded a package, plus we switched to the new Sourceforge system a couple of weeks back.

My script to release a development snapshot worked, but the file appeared at the bottom of the "Files" page and there is no way to move it into the proper subdirectory from the web interface.

They have a new method to get into Sourceforge with a shell (if a developer has been granted that access).  I created an alias like this to get in.  It took a minute or two until I actually had a shell:

     alias sshxastir='ssh -t we7u,xastir at shell.sourceforge.net create'

After that, the important bits are here.  I created symlinks in my account there as follows:

     ln -s /home/user-web/we7u userweb   # Web pages
     ln -s /home/frs/project/xastir      # Files

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS in Search and Rescue:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/search_and_rescue.html