[Xastir-dev] Developer CVS

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:34:41 EDT 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012, Tom Russo wrote:
>
>> Strange that your home system defaults to ssh and your work system needs
>> you
>> to specify CVS_RSH, though.
>
> Yep.  It may have had CVS_RSH set there.  I added it to .profile on both
> boxes now so it may be another few years before I encounter the problem
> again.

Yea, must have had it set.  I got an _instant_ failure when I did this:

     $ cvs update
     cvs [update aborted]: cannot exec rsh: No such file or directory
     cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I don't have rsh installed on the machine at home, and did an "unset CVSS_RSH" prior to running the command.

I do have rsh installed at work 'cuz I do rsh-over-ssh quite often.  This means it tried to use rsh to SourceForge and I had to wait for a timeout to occur.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html