[Xastir-dev] Jenkins Server

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:38:30 EDT 2013

I mentioned it on my G+ account but don't think I mentioned it here yet:

I set up a Jenkins server to automatically compile Xastir each time a CVS check-in occurs.  I set up four projects in Jenkins:

     Xastir GCC          (Anon server)
     Xastir GCC Devel    (Devel server)
     Xastir Qt4          (Anon server)
     Xastir Qt4 Devel    (Devel server)

So I'm checking both the main branch and the Qt4 branch ("BRANCH_qt"), on the SourceForge Devel and Anon servers.

If a check-in breaks any of the builds I'll get e-mail about it within an hour or so.

Next:  Trying to get Jenkins to automatically build and push out RPM's as well.  If I can get that done, available RPM's will track development, at least for OpenSuSE RPM's.  I may be able to easily duplicate it for CentOS too.

It's also possible to check out by release tag and build RPM's, which would also give us RPM's for official releases.

Just takes time to figure this out...

With unlimited time/energy I could go to a build farm of virtual machines plus multiple Jenkins slaves in order to build DEB, TGZ, RPM, and other types of packages, but I'm probably not going to go there.

After I get packaging going for OpenSUSE RPM's:  If someone else wishes to duplicate the system for other OS'es I'd be happy to share my Jenkins configs.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
U.S. Weather Alerts:  Firenet.us, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"