[Xastir-dev] comm ports not activating

mgmadden at internode.on.net mgmadden at internode.on.net
Mon Jul 15 05:42:34 EDT 2013

I'm running 64 bit systems now although the problem is on myexisting
x86,as well. I am using usb2serial cables to read the data from my tnc @
gps,though I don't need this setup on the x86 as it has com ports.but
myproblem is in the activation of the ports from xastir.
If I use minicom i can read the data from both units,but xastir refuses to
activate the ports. This happens whether I'm using the cables or direct
connect to the comports.
At present the systems I use are gentoo based,kernel 3.10.0 gcc-4.7.3,
glibc-2.17, can anyone shine light on this and show me a way to get xastir
running.
Geof