[Xastir-dev] [Xastir] Please welcome our newest developer

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:32:56 EDT 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, David Ranch wrote:

> Oooo.. Qt interface eh?  Sure would be nice to see an update to the UI!  I am
> curious if other things were considered as well.  For example, using Xastir
> as a daemon and using a web browser with HTML5, etc.

HTML5 wasn't considered.  It wasn't a factor at the time the decision was being made.

However:  I'd love to see an Xastir daemon that could be hooked to by various front-ends.  I've always wanted that.  Could run headless, then hook in a front-end when needed.  Could hook a front-end in from somewhere else in the world if traveling or if a friend wanted to test/debug or just operate remotely.

I moved this thread to Xastir-dev only as it seemed appropriate.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
Closed-minded about open (-source)...