[Xastir-dev] In the non-joke department

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Apr 1 13:55:12 PDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 01:50:20PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <davidf4 at mindspring.com> flavor, containing:
> What hoops need to be jumped through to get Git Commit permission so I can
> occasionally update the get-NWS script?

Two ways to deal with it:

  1) Just create a fork on github, make changes on a new branch, and issue
     a pull request.  If you're only making occasional, isolated changes
     like this, that's the preferred method.
  2) If you need more direct access to be able to change the code base,
     Curt or I need to add you to the member list on github, and then you
     can just push directly to master.

If you update get-NWS to get more up-to-date files, then you must also make
absolutely certain that the dbfawk files we currently have will work with
the new files, too.  And if they don't, you have to craft a new one (not
just modify existing dbfawks, which would break things for those folks who
don't update their NWS files every time the NWS reissues them).