[Xastir-dev] New release coming up soon, old release "regenerated" on Github, call for discussion

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 10:12:34 PST 2018

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, David Brooke G6GZH wrote:

> With the mention of the wiki I was just having a look at it and it
> seemed slow - looks like IPv6 routing is broken from me at least
>
> traceroute to xastir.org (2001:1868:205::1001) from 2001:8b0:3d7:1:c9ac:a899:bdcb:1d59, 30 hops max, 24 byte packets

I've not made a concerted effort to get the site up on IPv6. It has an address, but no specific changes were made to enable/route/firewall IPv6.

If I were to put forth effort on that I'd also need to upgrade/config "fail2ban" for IPv6 to keep from getting hassled by script-kiddies. I don't currently have a way to test IPv6 from work or home.

Is IPv6 truly needed?

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
Babysitting your tracker:  http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=ControlOperator