[Xastir-dev] Has the IPV6 stuff been merged into the mainline?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jan 26 15:25:47 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 03:07:58PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <davidf4 at mindspring.com> flavor, containing:
> I'll probably have to wait until the fix is in:
>

> dflood at gentoo ~/src/Xastir $ git checkout -b undo-ipv6client
> Switched to a new branch 'undo-ipv6client'
> dflood at gentoo ~/src/Xastir $ git revert d8361698
> error: commit d83616984b34c2c7b7bc0e1e76073931bdf6ef09 is a merge but no
> -m option was given.
> fatal: revert failed
> dflood at gentoo ~/src/Xastir $

Sorry about that, I should have tested it before recommending it.
That command would have worked if that commit wasn't a
merge commit.  And adding "-m 1" to the command would have worked normally,
but isn't right now because of what happened in that merge (some files renamed
and removed).  So scrub that idea.

Fortunately, all of the changes made since the merge of the IPv6 stuff has
been to documentation and copyrights, so you can just check out code from
right before the merge and you'll be back to running:

Double check that you're still on undo-ipv6client:

$ git status
On branch undo-ipv6client
nothing to commit, working tree clean

If it doesn't say that, you must have done a "git checkout master"
Do a git checkout undo-ipv6client (without the -b) again.

Then do this:

git reset --hard 890c2038

Now your undo-ipv6client branch is an exact copy of the code from right before
the ipv6client code was merged, and has none of the later commits, either.

*NOW* you can switch back and forth between master and undo-ipv6client and
it'll either be the code you're having trouble with (master) or old code that
works for you (undo-ipv6client).  And *this* time I actually tried the commands
I'm recommending, so I know they work.

BTW, it seems clear that this bug involves something that's happening in
"forked_getaddrinfo."  You might gather useful data for Jason by running the
buggy code with debug level 1024 --- Jason put lots of debug statements in
there that might help.