[Xastir-dev] Has the IPV6 stuff been merged into the mainline?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jan 26 20:34:01 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:15:39PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <godfreja at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> I pushed another small change to the same repo that fixes the interaction
> between interfaces on error I saw. With that change all issues I am aware
> of should (knocks on wood) be fixed.

I'll give this the weekend to be tested out.  If David and Dan could try it
out and let us know, I'd really appreciate it, especially since I have
not experienced either of the odd failures they have when I try it on
an IPv4-only system.

If you followed my previous instructions about how to get Jason's first
fix into your "godfreja-ipv6fix" branch, you can just redo the "git pull"
command in those instructions go get his second fix added to your branch.

If you didn't pull the first set of fixes already, the same three commands
will get you the whole bunch:

  git checkout master
  git checkout -b godfreja-ipv6fix
  git pull https://github.com/godfreja/Xastir.git ipv6fix

I'll refrain from merging these fixes until I hear from both David and Dan that
their reported bugs are really gone.

If you find any further problems with the ipv6 code, please chime in soon.
I'd like to push out a stable release soon, but "soon" probably means "not
until next weekend, or until it's actually stable, which ever comes last."