[Xastir-dev] Github README

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 16 08:20:16 PDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 08:12:45AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Looked at the README which displays at xastir/Xastir on Github recently. It
> doesn't say anything about building Xastir. Is it easy to put a link into
> the markdown there to point to the correct document? If not we could put
> some simple build instructions directly into that file with a pointer to
> more detailed instructions.

The problem with the README is that it is was enormous and bloated, and
was trimmed dramatically when we moved to Github (because it's displayed
on the front page).  I think it really needs to be trimmed down even more
to something that people will actually read.

There is a reference to README.Getting-Started "for a relatively quick
overview of how to build and use Xastir" and a link to the wiki for
detailed guidance.  How much more does there need to be?

It is not difficult to make the references to the other documents into
links in markdown.  I'll get it done for that one link right now.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM