[Xastir-dev] How to work with Git?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 10:18:23 PDT 2019

Jason Godfrey asked me this type of question and I answered as best I
could, but I'd like Tom Russo's opinion so we know how to do things going
forward:

Should ALL Git commit's happen to our own fork, then we always do a pull
request?

If it's something simple like what I just did, is committing directly to
the main repo ok?

This is only an issue for those with commit privileges on the main repo,
currently three of us. However the answer may be of interest to more people
since many participate in more than one project and may have commit access
elsewhere.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com