[Xastir-dev] Time for a new release?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Apr 19 22:53:45 PDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 01:55:26PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 02:42:38PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <godfreja at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> > Would it make sense to create a ticket for each file and then those tickets
> > to track who is doing work on each file?
>
> That's a whole lotta tickets.  There are over 100 .c and .h files to pick
> through.  And almost every one has *some* warning or other in it.

Rather than open a ton of tickets, we can just open lots of PRs to pick away
at the already open ticket #24.

I submitted PR #64 just now, cleaning up a small handful of files
(all of rtree, alert.c, datum.c, db.c, and a couple of irritating warnings
in igate.c and interface.c).  I'm using the newly-instituted Travis-CI
setup (thank you, Jason G.) to get the cross-platform building done, and
verifying that my changes aren't creating more warnings.  PR #64 is a good
start.

If anyone else cares to attack the issue of warnings, they could hack on the
code and submit a PR that mentions issue #24, and we can use Travis to verify
that warnings are going away.

Travis is currently set up to build on Ubuntu 14.04 with GCC and OS X with
Clang.  I can test code changes in these PRs with gcc 8 manually.