[Xastir-dev] Git question

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 08:24:41 PDT 2019

So... I have my we7u/Xastir repo in this state:

$ git pull upstream master
>From github.com:Xastir/Xastir
 * branch              master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Current branch master is up to date.

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch and 'origin/master' have diverged,
and have 3 and 3 different commits each, respectively.
  (use "git pull" to merge the remote branch into yours)
Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

How do I easily resolve this? Do a "git pull origin master" and then see
what I end up with?

What's the easiest way to see what the top three commits are on
origin/master?

Using gitk I see this at the top:

* master     Second try to get GraphicsMagick into the build
* Work to add GraphicsMagick properly
* remotes/upstream/master     Add dependent package
* Rename OSX build
* Fix overlooked unused result warning

I don't need the top two commits: Tom Russo fixed that properly on
"upstream". They were attempts to fix something for Travis-CI and I had to
push them up to my origin/master to get Travis-CI to kick off to test them.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com