[Xastir-dev] Travis-CI, gcc8, added CFLAGS

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 09:01:56 PDT 2019

I have a test Travis-CI build going with Ubuntu-16.04, gcc-8, and these
CFLAGS thanks to Tom:

- export CXX="g++-8" CC="gcc-8" CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -Wno-format-truncation
-Wno-stringop-truncation"

I'm happy to report that I'm duplicating Tom Russo's results of
(temporarily) getting rid of all of the extraneous warning messages due to
xastir_snprintf() calls and the entire build shows only one warning. Pretty
cool! The later compilers show more warnings so that's why we want at least
one build using gcc-8.

The current plan is to add those CFLAGS to a gcc-8 build for a while so
we'll notice when useful warnings show up. At the moment the
xastir-snprintf() warnings clutter things up.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com