[Xastir-dev] Editor header in source files

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 09:06:29 PDT 2019

I see this header in _some_ of our source files:

    /* -*- c-basic-offset: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil -*-

Is that for VI -and- Emacs, or just one of them? I use Vim.

I've noticed while editing files in the last couple of weeks that my tab is
not 4 chars sometimes. I have to manually space to indent properly.

I thought at one point we needed two headers in our files, one for Emacs
and one for VI. I didn't scan all the files but I saw a bunch of files with
no header and a bunch with the header above.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com