[Xastir-dev] Editor header in source files

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:23:20 PDT 2019

Thanks. Looks like the equivalent in Vim is Modelines:

https://vim.fandom.com/wiki/Modeline_magic

But a lot of the major distributions turn off modelines by default.

We should either have the Emacs and VIM Modelines in all the source files,
or none of them.

Our source guidelines specify 4-spaces per tab, no embedded tab characters.
As I edit various files I sometimes get a 4-char space tab, sometimes a
regular 8-char tab, and that is with Vim so I don't know why it is changing
from file to file 'cuz I don't see modelines in there for Vim. I might be
missing them.