[Xastir-dev] Proposal to change project coding standards: Please vote!

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Sun May 5 07:52:34 PDT 2019

Am 01.05.2019 18:58, schrieb Curt Mills:
> Please don't be shy about voting! There are 118 people on the Xastir-dev
> list and I've only seen 3 votes, including my own.
>
> If you're a C-coder and have an reasoned opinion we'd like to hear it and
> see your vote. Anyone who's contributed in the past or plans to contribute
> in the future, please vote. If you only look at the code sometimes and wish
> it more readable/understandable for you, please vote.

Note: i never contributed code to xastir but
      to several other projects

1) 8-character; because deep nesting is bad, linux is right about that.
   Note: simply using indent -i8 is not helpful
2) keep it tight looks the right way, but i am open here
3) should be done (not must) i have seen several bugs because someone
   added a printf() but no braces.
4) adding a /* Falls through. */ is a good idea as it protects against
   forgotten breaks

re,
 wh