[Xastir-dev] C String Library: Looking for options

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri May 17 08:35:57 PDT 2019

C programmers who have played with add-on string libraries before: We're
looking for a good option for Xastir. Please comment at:

  https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/issues/129

Thanks!

As we move to newer compilers (gcc7 / gcc8 / Clang) and add CFLAGS like
"-Wall -Wext" we're seeing hundreds of warnings WRT to string handling.
It's time we do something about it so we'll have confidence we're not
overwriting buffers or munging strings. We're holding off some fixes until
after the next release, but with those fixes applied and using the gcc8
compiler with "-Wall -Wext" we're still at 298 string warnings. We get a
few more warnings yet on FreeBSD, and on OSX w/Clang compiler.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com