[Xastir] xastir stops displaying stations

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 9 01:00:18 EDT 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Jim Hogarth wrote:

> I'm running Xastir 1.1 on Mandrake 8.1 and connecting to the ahubeast.net
> server.  This was working well, but suddenly stopped displaying stations.  I
> switched servers to first.aprs.net and was able to run again for awhile, but
> then the same problem occurred.  I can see incoming data using the View and
> Incoming Packet Data menu.

Are you seeing callsigns in the path that have 3 letters and start
with 'q'?  If so, you're seeing packets coming from one of the later
versions of aprsd where they add in another "callsign" that Xastir
rejects as invalid.  Upgrade to the latest CVS Xastir and the new
Xastir code will drop that part of the packet and decode the rest of
it.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer