Fwd: Re: [Xastir] Bulletin Popup

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Aug 9 17:20:06 EDT 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Tom Robson wrote:

> Also, here is a bulletin which popped up from KB7WUK which is beyond my range
> setting.  I don't see a posit in the data, but perhaps it's not supposed to
> be there.  I deleted a known good bulletin, from another user so have nothing
> to compare.
>
> # 094701
> KB7WUK>APW261,VE7VAN-3,WIDE3*::BLNA     :I84, Ore. MP 0.0 - 7.3  EB I5 - I205
> Closed Fri 2200h{000

Bulletins don't have positions in them.  That's what causes the
problem that you're experiencing.  Unless you've received a separate
posit from the station, you don't have any way to tell whether
they're inside or outside the range setting.

With no posit, Xastir assumes a range of 0 miles, which is always
inside your range setting.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin