[Xastir] Pop up's

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Aug 22 12:15:51 EDT 2002

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, John L. Place wrote:

> First one is what happens. Other users inquire and I see a popup input but no results (overseas stations too). Maybe because I am
> running an igate both ways to be able to feed local weather info.
>

> Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>
>  On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, John L. Place wrote:
>
>  Is there an option to prevent station inquires from other stations from
> popping up on local screen?
>
>  Nope.  Tell me more.  Is it this:  Station #1 queries Station #2,
> and Station #3 (you) sees a popup?

Can you send me a logfile excerpt of the packet that causes the
popup?

Looking at the code, it appears that if it looks like a message, has
your callsign in the right place, and doesn't start with a '?', then
Xastir thinks it might be a query response to a query that you
initiated, and it puts it in a popup.  That's the only popup that we
might do like that except for Mic-E emergency messages, which would
have the word "Emergency!" in the title of the popup.  I assume the
ones that you're getting have this in them:

    Data Query - Single Message Line

It's possibly because you're an igate that it parses your callsign
as the destination for the message, when it should be looking later
in the packet.

I need ALL of the packets that might be related to this, including
the original packets, the gated packets, echo's of them, etc.  Need
both the query and the response (and copies).  Feel like turning on
all logging and doing a little grep'ing for me?

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin