[Xastir] Non-Fun with DRGs

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Oct 2 12:19:59 EDT 2002

On 2 Oct 2002, Brian Heaton wrote:

> 	I've figured out how to batch download all the SC DRG's.  Unfortunately
> the source I've found (the DNR GIS page) uses the quad names rather than
> the lat/lon based naming scheme.  This means I've got to manually go
> through all of them and tweak the metadata to make them work well. I
> think I'll save that evolution for when I've got some more time to
> tinker with them.

Something that might make it easier, at least with the 7.5' maps, is
to download the quad index file from gisdatadepot.com.  Enable that
map in Xastir and you'll see the "A1", "F2" sort of indicators and
the quad names listed inside a rectangle for each quad.  Might be
easier to match things up?

I just like having it around, 'cuz I can very quickly find a paper
map corresponding to where activity is happening on the screen.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin