[Xastir-dev] RE: [Xastir] Idea for re-org of map directories

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Oct 3 17:02:53 EDT 2002

Or how about a zoom-level preference for each type of map.
(min<=displayed<=max) kind of thing, so that, for example, we could
classify large geopolitical boundary maps (US with state boundaries
and coast lines only, for example) as used at very wide zoom-out, but
arterial vector maps get turned on from City-level down to about
neighborhood level, then detailed street maps or tpqs get turned on
at higher zoom levels.

I don't know the best way to implement this for user simplicity, but
I'd like to see us preserve the flexibility on the back end, even
if we stick defaults in the preference file without a panel to change
them for now.

Owen

--On Thursday, October 3, 2002 11:07 AM -0700 Robert Donnell