[Xastir] Tigermap error

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 8 12:37:43 EDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, pd wrote:

> I enabled tigermaps, xastir thought for a while, said it was "Loading maps".
>
> Then it exited with the message
> 	xastir: Unable to open file () [No such file or directory].
>
> What file or directory might it be looking for?  I was running as root.

Root!  Well, I'll ignore the obvious chastising opportunity.  ;-)

It uses /var/tmp as the directory to write such files into (this
needs to be changed at some point to somewhere in the user's home
directory, right Jack?).

It uses "wget" in order to get the file.  You might check whether
you have that, and whether it is a reasonably new version.  Some
older versions don't work correctly with Xastir.

Check whether a new file is getting written into the /var/tmp area.
Also try "wget" by hand to see if you can snag ftp and http file
with it.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin