[Xastir] Tigermap error

Gerry Wheeler gwheeler at vmguys.com
Tue Oct 8 15:30:03 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 14:08, Curt Mills wrote:
> It looks like June 20, 1983, was the filing date so I assume this'll
> all blow over on June 20, 2003, when the patent expires and we can
> get back to business as usual.

I remember the initial discussions on CompuServe that led to the
creation of the GIF image format. I don't think anybody imagined (or
thought to check) that the compression method was patented. There are
other file types from that time that also used LZW and got stung. I
believe that was largely the incentive to develop the PNG file format to
replace GIF.

Ummm, just so we're more or less on topic here :-) -- does Xastir handle
PNG files? Or, more correctly I suppose, do Xastir's helpers (like
ImageMagik) handle PNG?
--
Gerry Wheeler      KG4NBB
VM Systems, Inc.   +1 941 596 2480 x24