[Xastir] Tigermap error

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Oct 9 01:17:28 EDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, pd wrote:

> I enabled tigermaps, xastir thought for a while, said it was "Loading maps".
>
> Then it exited with the message
> 	xastir: Unable to open file () [No such file or directory].
>
> What file or directory might it be looking for?  I was running as root.

A thought just occurred to me:  What version of Xastir are you
running?  Latest CVS, one of the snapshots, or the 1.1.0 release?

I made a change recently (last week?) regarding this sort of thing,
making the warning/error messages more useful, and getting around
a problem that ImageMagick was having where it wanted to exit the
program instead of issuing a warning and continuing to run.

If Xastir exited on TigerMaps, it's likely that you're _not_ running
the latest CVS version.  Correct?

I had problems with the TigerMap server today also, but I just got
a warning instead of having it crash Xastir.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer