[Xastir] A non-standard use of Xastir

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Wed Oct 9 13:15:45 EDT 2002

At 22:32 -0700 10/8/02, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>That's one of the more creative uses for Xastir that I've seen.
>You're basically using it as a GIS program in that instance.  I think
>that means you need to pay a licensing fee of $10,000 or so.  hi hi.

I know that it would have been slicker if I'd learned enough about
the shapefile format to actually update the voting districts file,
and then put the appropriate fill colors in. That way Xastir could
have generated the whole thing for me in true GIS fashion. But I was
pressed for time, and already knew how to color between the lines
with GIMP ;)

Bill.