[Xastir] XASTIR <=> RH 8.0

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Oct 24 17:51:21 EDT 2002

I put RH 8.0 on my laptop. Installed all dev libraries through the RH
installer. Compiled my own Shapelib, libgeotiff, libtiff, libproj, and
ImageMagick. Had no problems with CVS compile of Xastir. Runs great,
even with Festival.

What W8JSA describes sounds sort of like what I saw when I compile with
the LessTif libraries now, instead of the OpenMotif. (I think. I'll have
to get home before i can check if it's the other way around).

73 Lance KJ5O