[Xastir] More Natural Phenonenon

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 25 02:02:11 EDT 2002

On 24 Oct 2002, dale huguley wrote:

>  Class 5 Hurricane in eastern Pacific-

"KENNA_ato"

You can snag that data down from Findu using Xastir quickly to see
where it's been.  I've never seen such wind speeds before in my life.
I was thinking I might want to recheck Xastir's wind speed
conversions to see if we had screwed something up.

> and 21 quakes off of Taiwan in
> the last 24 hours - ranging from 4.4 to 5.5 magnitude plotted by
> aprs/xastir .Very odd I don't remember a set of quakes clustered like
> that before.

I'm sending quakes with no lower magnitude limit to another server
and watching lots of clustering that way.  I've seen 17 quakes all
clustered together in one day along the ID/WY border.  Very wild
stuff.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer