[Xastir] Curt etal

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 28 09:53:01 EST 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, vic alger wrote:

> Many good sources and tips for general Linux use have been given out on this
> sig.  Especially the use of ssh and cross network utilization of programs via
> the same protocal.  This has opened tremendous possiblities for my learning
> and use of the BEST OS there is.

It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

> Question:  What is with the popup window about numlock, etc.  Is there
> someting in Xastir that will die or work funny with the numlock,etc keys
> activated?  Any dangers?

On many/most/all? X-windows with Motif/Lesstif, if you have one of
the modifier keys activated, then the right mouse button doesn't
work.  The mouse popup menu doesn't ever come up.  That's the reason
I added the warnings, so that people will know to turn those
modifiers off to make things work again.

Do you have a system where the right mouse button DOES work if you
have CapsLock/NumLock/ScrollLock activated?

> Question 2:  Would it be possible to add barometric pressure to the weather
> test on the screen in a choice of inches, or millabars, and make it
> selectable as is the temp only?  Maybe someone could add this sometime.

Yes, it would be possible.  It'd require another togglebutton or two
on the menus, the back-end code to handle them, another global
variable or two, and then code in draw_symbol() to change it's
operation based on the variables.  Add it to the Feature Request
tracker.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer