[Xastir] Curt etal

Ren Roderick renr at eskimo.com
Tue Oct 29 03:12:16 EST 2002

Well just to add another data point:

I have Xastir running on 3 machines here, ALL being displayed on one of
the machines.

One of the remote machines is running an old version of Redhat(5 or 6
something  2.2.14 kernel...). It is using LessTif ver 1.2 release
0.89.9cvs according the the Xastir 'About' popup.

One of the machines is running SuSE 7.3 with a 2.4.16 kernel and LessTif
version 1.2 release 0.92.6 according to the popup.

The last machine, and the one displaying the others, is running SuSE 8.0,
kernel 2.4.18. The popup claims to be running Motif version 2.1.30.

All are running versions of Xastir downloaded from CVS this last weekend,
actually Sunday morning 27 October.

Now the interesting part: both of the remote machines popup the menu when
right-clicked (yes the error messages come up too) with any/all of the
caplock, scrolllock, numlock modifiers.

The local copy just returns the error messages under those same
conditions.

Well that IS interesting. Is it running remote that allows the
right-click menus to work without regard to the modifier keys, or is it
LessTif vs Motif?

Guess that I need to uninstall LessTif from one of the remote machines,
and install OpenMotif to see if anything changes.

But, I won't have time until the weekend to give it a try....oh crap I'll
just do it now...who needs sleep, right Curt?

Where's that 7.3 dvd...OK, rpm -e lesstif*, rpm -Uvh openmotif*, cd to
xastir, make clean, rm config.cache config.status, ./configure, make,
/bin/su -c 'make install-strip'

The SuSE 7.3 box now has LessTif removed and OpenMotif installed, the
'About' box now reports 'Motif 2.1.30', and........

... OpenMotif seems to be the culprit, no right-click menus with any of
the modifier keys on...

Now off to sleep, got to catch that big bird to Albuquerque tomorrow...

Ren WA7QFR--