[Xastir] X, Xastir, and work

Kurt A. Freiberger kurt at badgers-hill.net
Tue Oct 29 19:58:09 EST 2002

I have my station set up so that I can use VNC to log onto my Linux box and get a display (:1).  Does anyone know of a way to switch Xastir's diplay from the console (:0) to the VNC display without having to kill the current incarnation, and restart?  It'd be very cool to be able to do that.

Incidentally, I have determined that the reason my comments were being corrupted for my station, and the icon changing, was due to someone in the Houston, TX area compressing and/or decompressing my packets, and munging them in the meantime.  Or one person compressing them, and another decompressing.  Anyhoo, I dropped my path so as to not get to Houston, and have seen nary a munged packet.

73/Kurt

Kurt A. Freiberger     Austin, TX	kurt at badgers-hill.net
Amateur Radio Callsign WB5BBW  		AIM Handle: WB5BBW
512/251-0759 (home)	512/970-7026 (cell)
NOTE: My address has changed from WB5BBW at AIRMAIL.NET.  Please
      update your address book.