[Xastir] Xastir Startup (Sort of)

Tom Robson ve7did at dccnet.com
Wed Sep 4 22:30:50 EDT 2002

Not too sure if this is the right forum for this question, but does have to
do remotely (speaking) with xastir.  I do run it with the latest cvs via
slackware.

This concerns power problems.  I do have ups backup with the proper shutdown
control to properly shutdown linux after a few minutes of ups only.  I run
xastir 24/7 until I get a hydro power failure.  Everything works perfectly in
the shutdown process.

Question I have is how to get xastir running again with out any human
intervention.  I am running xastir under kde and can automatically get xastir
running once I get logged in properly through the kde autostart function.
This works perfectly.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get startx to start up automaticly WITHOUT
having to log in, either as root or a user?  I am also running jnos on the
same computer and manipulation of the inittab file solves this problem. I
have tried things like using putting startx commands in the rc.local but it
doesn't like it.

Any help would be appreciated as it would be sure nice to have xastir running
when there is no one around to manually log in.

...73 Tom