[Xastir] GeoTiff Question

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Sep 18 12:39:18 EDT 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Tom Robson wrote:

> > It may still have a problem finding the TIFFClose entry
>
> What/where exactly is the TIFFClose entry?

I think I remember seeing that it was trying to check for TIFFClose
in -ltiff (libtiff).  Perhaps it was TIFFOpen that it was checking
for.  No matter.  Often we have configure check to see if it can
make one call into the library just to see if the library can be
used, as a check to see whether we should compile it in.

> > point in libtiff or perhaps is having trouble finding
> > libtiff at all.
>
> Does this indicate that it is finding libtiff?
>
> checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... yes

This one means that configure is finding libtiff.

> checking for tiffiop.h... no

This one means that configure is _not_ finding one of the include
files (development headers) necessary in order to compile TIFF
support into Xastir.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin