[Xastir] map indexing

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Sep 19 18:43:37 EDT 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, vic alger wrote:

> I cannot find the map indexing feature... where is it
> Just CVS'd and compiled.
> Just call me dumb,  Victor

You're not supposed to see it, so you're smarter than you think!  hi
hi

When Xastir starts up, it snags the ~/.xastir/config/map_index.sys
file into memory as a linked list.  It uses this list to look up the
edges of the maps.

Shortly after Xastir starts up, it'll re-index the maps and put the
extents and filenames back into this disk file.  You can look at the
file directly to see what's in there.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin